Monday, February 20, 2012

Better (6 months) late then never.

Hi! I've finally decided to start a blog. 6 months or so ago, I realized that my fabric stash had gotten slightly out of control and challenged myself to use the majority of it within a year. Or something like that - that's the problem with challenges that you make with yourself, the details get fuzzy. Anyways, I digress. The point is, that I need to do something about all of the fabric that I have, and keep, accumulating. How bad can it be, you ask? Well I've got a tickle-trunk full
and suitcases full...
and bushels full...

Ok, in fairness, the bushel is full of fabric scraps. I'm being thrifty.

I've also taken to buying cheap wool coats at thrift stores for the wool **hangs head in shame**.

Where do I keep all of this fabric you might ask? Well, I have an entire room dedicated to sewing in my apt. Over the course of just a few years, I went from a small table in the corner of my bedroom to an ENTIRE room. Not that that's a bad thing - I enjoy it :) 
So, here,  today, I am re-challenging myself to get into gear and start making more clothing items that I'll actually wear. So I love to make 50s style dresses? Yup. Do I ever wear them more than once? Not usually.  Bah. 

I hope this will help me focus. We shall see. This is what I've done so far this year:


Very comfy, but not exactly flattering..


The polka dot blouse is a bit of a fail. The fabric is too stiff for the pattern and the shirt is too short. Oh well, better luck next time I suppose :)


2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the stripy dress! What pattern did you use??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I used Butterick Retro'52 B4919, but instead of the full circle skirt I used a self-drafted 3/4 circle skirt. :)

      Delete